Welcome to my Blog!

A few members of my family and I were sitting around the dining table this St. Patrick's Day, March 17th, 2012. During the many conversations we were having, my cousin Valerie suggested I start a food blog! In honor of what would have been my grandmother Bernice M. Combs 100th birthday, HERE GOES! Here's to the 'Luck of the Irish"!

Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend 2012






Wow..What a start to the Summer of 2012! I was looking over some of my previous photographs of my small, but full of life and beauty garden.  It amazes me how everything grows! What were small tomato plants are now nearly 3 feet tall and taking over my small space.  This year we decided to do something different. We tilled up an area the length of my backyard fence.  We planted corn, mustard greens and cantaloupe from seeds.  I have watched as these seeds have turned into beautiful plants. It is amazing at what becomes of one little seed! My corn is now about a foot or so tall! 

Other happenings at  The McClain Family Zoo have included dog sitting for my mother while she and my son, Cole traveled to Hilton Head Island for the long weekend.   My son has never been this far away from me or for so long without me.  Apparently, I am the only one having issues with this, he has had a blast from what I hear!

 Stephen and I went to Buckhorn Lake on Sunday with my cousin Valerie and her husband Paul.  It was a very hot and enjoyable day! We basically had a cookout on the boat and lounged on floats in the lake.. Thinking back, I do believe this was the earliest I have ever been swimming in the lake.  I like the water temperature to be at least 85 degrees.. however, it was warmer than I anticipated!

Now, the excitement of my extra long weekend has come to an end and it is back to work tomorrow. If only I could stay and make money.. what a great thought! d!

No comments:

Post a Comment