Welcome to my Blog!

A few members of my family and I were sitting around the dining table this St. Patrick's Day, March 17th, 2012. During the many conversations we were having, my cousin Valerie suggested I start a food blog! In honor of what would have been my grandmother Bernice M. Combs 100th birthday, HERE GOES! Here's to the 'Luck of the Irish"!

Sunday, March 18, 2012

An easy quick fresh tomato salsa!

We love fresh salsa! Stephen and I eat so much salsa. It is really simple to make!.. Fresh ingredients are the best. I use 2 regular sized cans of petite diced canned tomatoes (at least until summer, then fresh all the way)! I have found that the brand of tomatoes you use makes a huge difference in the taste of your salsa. I certainly have a favorite! If you like a less chunky salsa, put the tomatoes in a food processor and pulse a few times.  I very carefully dice up one jalapeno pepper, (discard the seeds, these are lethal if you happen to get any juice near your face!I use rubber gloves when dicing these.). I made this pictured salsa very quickly one evening. My dices are not all the same size.. oh well.. didn't damage the taste at all! Now, I dice some green onions, you can use a regular onion if you so choose. I also use some of the chive part of the onion as well.  We love garlic, so at least 2-3 cloves, diced fine go in the mix. Next, chop up some fresh cilantro (I do not use any dried cilantro, only fresh). Slice a lemon or lime, your choice, and squeeze the juice into your bowl.  I also use about 1 teaspoon of cummin to my salsa and sea salt/kosher salt.  My secret weapon: 1 tablespoon of Simply Salsa mix from Tastefully Simple.com.  My friend Lori S. is a consultant for this company.. They have great stuff! If you are interested let me know and maybe we could schedule a tasting party for these products!   I don't think I have left any ingredients out. I am always experimenting and adding new ingredients to my recipes!  I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!            Mary C.

No comments:

Post a Comment