Welcome to my Blog!

A few members of my family and I were sitting around the dining table this St. Patrick's Day, March 17th, 2012. During the many conversations we were having, my cousin Valerie suggested I start a food blog! In honor of what would have been my grandmother Bernice M. Combs 100th birthday, HERE GOES! Here's to the 'Luck of the Irish"!

Monday, March 26, 2012

My Kentucky vs. Baylor Buffalo Wings

 The prep work!
 The soaking in the buffalo sauce!  HOT
 My attempt at creative plating..


The big UK game was yesterday. They make me so nervous, I decided to cook and do yard work to take my mind off of it! I had never made wings before. It was simply because I never cared for them.  We were in the grocery and for some reason I got the urge to try them! I made a homemade marinade and coating. I thought it was quite hot, however, Stephen didn't agree.  I am certain the next time I make wings I am going to deep fry them.  I tried baking them this time.
On a spring garden note, I planted flowers yesterday! I planted strawberries on Friday! I love this weather.  I am anxious for the basil plants to be shipped to Lowes.   I plan on a huge herb and tomato garden this year! I had so much basil last year!  Did I mention I love fresh herbs?

No comments:

Post a Comment