Welcome to my Blog!

A few members of my family and I were sitting around the dining table this St. Patrick's Day, March 17th, 2012. During the many conversations we were having, my cousin Valerie suggested I start a food blog! In honor of what would have been my grandmother Bernice M. Combs 100th birthday, HERE GOES! Here's to the 'Luck of the Irish"!

Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Fever 2012









The weather we Kentuckians have had this winter has been so abnormal! It is mid-March and we had temperatures in the low to mid-eighties today! Normally, the snow is falling and the temps, well much colder than 80 degrees! Spring fever has been setting in for many weeks. I am ready to plant my tomatoes and herbs! I do, however,  believe Mother Nature is  fooling us so I will put that project on hold. In the mean time, I decided to look through my pictures and I founds photos from Stephen's family reunion we attended two years ago near Rogersville, Tennessee.  Hard to believe these pictures were actually taken around Labor Day, 2010. Pictures with my son, Cole (6) and Stephen, by themselves, always bring a smile to my face. Stephen has been the father figure in Cole's life for over three years. I love the shots where they are busy trying to fish, or working on some other project! Cole won the prize for the largest bass (or fish of any kind) caught during the competition at the reunion.  I am not exactly sure of the exact size. He was so proud and so was I! This was the first time Cole had gotten to fish and with a little help from Melissa Williams, reeled the fellow in! Note, I will not get near nor touch a fish! They give me the creeps! I enjoy the art/act of fishing, however, I will not touch! Funny, I know! Well it has been a very long Monday, so time for homework and nite time.  Till later...Mary C.

No comments:

Post a Comment