Welcome to my Blog!

A few members of my family and I were sitting around the dining table this St. Patrick's Day, March 17th, 2012. During the many conversations we were having, my cousin Valerie suggested I start a food blog! In honor of what would have been my grandmother Bernice M. Combs 100th birthday, HERE GOES! Here's to the 'Luck of the Irish"!

Friday, March 23, 2012

My Cast Enamel Dutch Oven... no.. not the expensive one I wanted either!



It is hard to believe as long as I have been cooking and baking I have never owned a cast iron dutch oven! Yeah.. I was really missing out! There is one specific brand I really wanted..you know the one, the over 150 buck and plus for each piece..  As fortune would have it, a co-worker and I were talking about food and cooking (no shocker there)! He loves any type of cookware that is cast iron. In his eyes, no other will do! Being the nice guy he is, he finds me an oven.. a beautiful red Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven for 50 bucks. There were several other colors but red matched my kitchen color scheme !Needless to say, that offer was not refused! He was more concerned than I was regarding the first dish cooked!
I wanted to make a dish that I had not tried.  I am not sure why stuffed green bell peppers came to mind, but they did. I mixed together a hot, robust mixture of ground pork, ground chuck and chorizo sausage, cooked rice and a tomato sauce.  Those beautiful peppers were stuffed and baked.  Wow! is the word.. they had a kick to them!  Since that fateful day, I have tossed around several other ideas for the stuffed peppers.  The perfect pepper is my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment